August 8, 2012

Digital Digital, Beep Beep

I follow the pins of a online store based of out Brooklyn called Kaufmann Mercantile. They have so many gems in their shop that I wish to make mine someday.  I started following them a few months ago because they have lovely photos of the outdoors and other goodness, but today in a moment of pure glory I saw they pinned my bikes of sf poster:

























About now is where you say "yes, Tor, wow you were repinned. Congratuf*ckinglations. Do you know how many fucking pins people pin a day? Give or take a few billion."

Yeah, yeah I know it's teeny tiny small potatoes, but I was pretty excited that it was repinned by a company I really like. It was like their way of saying "hey, we like what you do too even though we didn't credit you as the creator on the pin so we really have no idea who you are still."

Then I started wondering how many people have pinned the bike poster. It's like a weird new version of googling yourself.


























It's simultaneously weird, awesome, and totally nutty that people have access to a little poster I created and can pass it on like magic in a matter of seconds. And even more amazing that a company in Brooklyn can make my day by pinning something I created and not even know who I am.

The digital age, man. The digital age.