July 30, 2012

Fancy Magazines

Recently, I've been noticing how many fancy magazines I'm seeing, named a singular word.

A few years ago, I fell in love with Lemon magazine (1) created by Kevin Grady and Colin Metcalf who in addition to Lemon, have illustrious advertising + design careers. After reading a new issue of Lemon, I would cry myself to sleep every night hoping for more, but they would eventually stop and my fancy magazine lust would waver. 

In the last couple months, I've noticed some interesting magazines that seem to follow in Lemon's footsteps. Bullett (2), like Lemon, has themed volumes and I recently read their sin article and it was quite lovely.

I found Wilder (3) today, which is a mag for people enthralled by the natural world. Where do I sign up? I hope it's as good as they set it up to be.

Gather (4) seems like a bit of a knockoff of Kinfolk (5) at least in design sensibilities. Gather takes a more cookbook approach and Kinfolk is all about the gathering. Kinfolk reminds me of how wonderful my world would look if I had a photographer following me at all times taking monotone vintage shots of life. Oh yeah, and in the shots I'm totally cool and photogenic, which if you've ever seen a picture of me you'll know I look like a the real life version of Beaker, the Muppet.




No comments: